Sunday, January 6, 2008

So, why a blog?

Well, I need a place to begin - so I thought I'd state at least some of the reasons I am starting a blog.

1) I want a place to put down some of my thoughts on theology, apologetics, missional living, etc., and I want that place to be such that other folks can read the blog to critique my thinking as well as to possibly grow in their own thinking.

2) Blogging is a means of communication that my generation is excited about, and I am called to communicate to people the good news that God has done everything through Jesus that is necessary to take away our sin and shame - so it seems like a good match for getting the word out.

3) I tend to think better when I write as opposed to just talking and thinking off the cuff.

4) It would make me so happy to find out that someone has been blessed by the thinking and discussion that will take place here - so I'm doing it for my own joy too!

How often will I write? I guess we'll just have to see, but I hope to write a couple of times per week.

3 comments:

keith said...

I found you!
Welcome to the bogosphere.

Greg Wood said...

Was that typo intentional? Am I about to enter the bog?

Clay said...

mine is the case of "bogosphere"... it's when you write next to nothing but read nearly everything.